The Answers in Genesis Technology Department is currently seeking a Low Voltage Wiring Project Coordinator to provide leadership and expertise in cabling support for the ministry. This role has an important project management and documentation component but also requires experience in installation, termination, and troubleshooting of LAN cabling infrastructures over a multi-location WAN. The coordination and implementation of structured cabling projects will take place in a fast-paced environment with expanding needs. The ideal candidate will bring skills and experience that demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and persistence in problem solving and process optimization. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Manage projects including install, terminate, label, and test copper cables and fiber optic cables following EIA/TIA standards and BICSI installation guidelines in a commercial environment.
- Route Cat6 cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, EMT, J-hooks or D-rings.)
- Dress and route cable into server/telecom closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Use troubleshooting tools such as tracer/toner and continuity testers.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Familiarity with proper EIA/TIA and NEC grounding and bonding of equipment racks, cabinets, frames, etc.
- Provide clear documentation of each project.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Collaborate with Technology managers & IT engineers in the planning and implementation of enterprise level technological changes and additions.
- Collaborate in outsourced and co-sourced enterprise-level IT projects.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.