The Answers in Genesis Technology department is currently seeking a Low Voltage Wiring Installer to provide excellent customer service as well as cabling support including installation, termination, documentation, and troubleshooting of LAN cabling infrastructures over a multi-location WAN. The installation of structured cabling will take place in a fast-paced environment with expanding needs. The ideal candidate will bring skills and experience that demonstrate attention to detail, thoroughness, and a commitment to excellence. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Execute tasks that include installing, terminating, labeling, and testing copper cables in a commercial environment.
- Routing Cat6 cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, EMT, J-hooks or D-rings.)
- Dress and route cable into server/telecom closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Use troubleshooting tools such as tracer/toner and continuity testers.
- Excellent at documentation of work.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.