The Spanish Interpreter is an ambassador of AiG to the Spanish-speaking guests as they visit our attractions. The interpreter would be responsible for assisting guests that are Spanish-speaking by interpreting signage, concerts, live speakers, video presentations and programs. They will also assist guests with information for their visit or interpret between guests and staff. This position reports to the Guest Services Manager and serves Spanish-speaking guests as a first priority, while working in regular positions in Guest Services when interpreting services are not needed. Spanish Interpreters are responsible for creating the best experience possible for our guests. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Assist Spanish-speaking guests at the Creation Museum.
- Interpret as needed for live presentations, concerts, videos, signage questions, or with general questions from guests about the attractions.
- When interpreting services are not needed, work in the Guest Services department as directed by Guest Services Manager.
- Provide excellent service to all guests by creating the first impression throughout their visit at the attraction.
- Oversee assigned work area located at the attraction entry/exit points, admissions ticketing windows, rental areas, theaters, and outside areas such as the playground, sluice, and parking lot.
- Provide excellent service to all guests by greeting, directing guests, and answer questions relative to attraction and event information and wayfinding.
- Proactively engage guests to assertively direct and enforce traffic flow.
- Assist guests with rental purchases such as ECV scooters, wheelchairs, and strollers in a quick and efficient manner utilizing Point-of-Sale system and cash handling procedures.
- Provide guest assistance and training in proper ECV usage and procedures for usage on Museum grounds.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.