The Packhouse Supervisor is a key member of the Gotham Greens Operations Team. This role will assist with daily supervision of a team that includes packhouse assistants and harvesters in daily tasks while maintaining KPI’s, GMP, and employee safety practices. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. This role will report to the Assistant Plant Manager, while collaborating and supporting site Operation Teams and Grow Teams to ensure optimal performance and efficient workflow of all production operations. This role will have the opportunity to work with world-class greenhouse technology and assist in future agricultural projects and initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Management of a workforce of Packers and Harvesters
- Responsibility for pacing and timing of packhouse work
- Oversight and implementation of Food Safety Program and packhouse cleanliness in the packhouse
- Conduct Quality Control measures such as product inspection.
- Daily PH record keeping
- Focus on continuous improvement on packing methods & efficiency
- Assist in Daily Tasks as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- Ability to lead by example with a “can do” attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as needed basis
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.