Gotham Greens is hiring a Logistics Specialist who will be primarily responsible for planning and supporting distribution by Gotham Greens Fleet and 3PL carriers originating from our Central, Mountain, and West regions. This is a hybrid role that will need to be connected to a greenhouse in one of the following locations: Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, or Davis, CA. The on-duty hours for this role will be 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
What You'll Do
- Route planning for assigned regions
- Maintaining regular communication with Sales Support, Operations staff and any other Gotham Greens staff who require updates throughout the day
- Preparing shipping documents (Invoices, Bills of Lading, etc.) for distribution in assigned regions
- Serving as dispatcher for drivers in assigned regions
- Support Third Party shipping
- Support drivers and distribution staff in other GG regions as needed
- Scheduling delivery appointments with customers
- Fleet management and troubleshooting
Who You Are
- At least 2 years’ experience in a logistics or distribution operations role
- Experience working with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint a plus)
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience and a strong ability to think on the fly
- Very well-organized
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Comfortable communicating via multiple channels with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with ERP and Route Management systems a plus
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.