- An advanced degree in human factors, HCI, biomedical engineering, industrial engineering, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of hands-on, professional applied human factors engineering experience in product design
- Experience with FDA and IEC medical device development HF standards
- Ability to travel up to 30% either on your own or as part of a team and feel confident leading research teams wherever you're operating.
- You have worked in a consulting environment for at least one year and are familiar with how they operate.
- You have a true passion for human-centered product design, as evidenced by your education and career choices.
- You have a deep familiarity with product development from a Human Factors perspective and can confidently guide an internal and external team in the process, benefits, and deliverables thereof.
- You have extensive experience conducting all varieties of user studies.
- You demonstrate high standards of workmanship and attention to detail and can help improve departmental processes and best practices.
- You can develop, support, and defend design recommendations based on your experience with design research, ergonomics, and human factors principles
- You can successfully lead clients through problem definition and the innovation process during workshop sessions.
- You have a deep understanding of user research methodologies, concepting processes, approaches, and tools, and take the initiative to improve them.
- You have established yourself in thought-leadership within the Human Factors community.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, because sometimes that leads to the most unique, unexpected design solutions.
About Delve + Bresslergroup
Delve + Bresslergroup is a full-service design and innovation consultancy, now with even deeper expertise and more talent. In 2021, the two companies merged into one cohesive and successful team. Our 170+ creative, curious, talent professionals create meaningful products, services, and experiences in categories ranging from medical devices to consumer and commercial products, transportation, and more. From our offices in Boston, Philadelphia, Madison, and San Francisco, we provide strategy, research, design and engineering to forward-thinking leaders around the globe.
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives.
We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
Life at Delve + Bresslergroup
We realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You need to consider salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work, and whether you will enjoy working with your colleagues. We’ve built a culture that represents our values. Here are a few big and little things we think make Bresslergroup and Delve a fun and safe place to spend your days, create lasting friendships, and build your career:
- Offices located in the design centers of vibrant cities with great walking access to coffee shops, shopping districts, and restaurants
- Well-designed studios with ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, and dark and quiet areas for those who don’t
- Dog friendly offices with great dogs like Zoe, Selki, and Talia
- A flexible vacation policy- we trust you know when you need to recharge
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely
- Access to public transportation and indoor bike parking
- Support for affinity groups and employee resource groups.
- A professional development budget for access to conferences and, training, etc.
- Access to prototype machine shops and engineering labs for professional and personal projects