Title: Prevention Programs Assistant
Reports to: Director of Prevention Services
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Prevention Services, the Prevention Programs Assistant provides support with front desk duties. Position is responsible for overseeing all data entry and related functions, assist with HIV/STD program administrative activities and assist with the HIV/STD reporting duties and responsibilities. The Prevention Programs Assistant is a patients first point of contact with the agency and should present a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance, while interacting in a professional, knowledgeable, respectful, and effective manner with visitors, clients, and staff. The Assistant will perform front office processes associated with check-in, check-out, scheduling, referrals, and electronic medical records. Position supports the clinics billing as well as provide typical front office services for the agency.
- Work and participate as a team member of the Center and the programs.
- Communicate daily with supervisor regarding data entry and other work tasks.
- Work collaboratively with program coordinators, participants, staff and volunteers.
- Travel to work sites or office locally to collect data reports and conduct data entry.
- Input program data into a variety of database platforms and perform weekly updates.
- Oversee database functionality and maintenance.
- Maintains all FCT HIV/syphilis testing client files.
- Attend trainings, meetings, and other related events and activities.
- Perform office, clerical and other duties as required.
- Assists coordinating FCT and HIV/syphilis/STD testing activities.
- Perform patient check-in at the time of visit and ensures all paperwork necessary for patient to receive services is completed and in compliance with clinic and regulatory policies.
- Perform patient check-out including fee collections and scheduling next appointment.
- Answer & screen calls, take detailed messages, respond to inquiries, confirm appointments, alert patients as to what documentation is needed, appropriately route calls.
- Provide information and referrals to walk-in visitors, and phone contacts.
- Develop extensive knowledge of the agency. Be aware of programing, services, and events.
- Timely completion of projects.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures. Maintain various logs, trackers, and databases.
- Collect, and route packages and office mail to/from multiple campuses; maintain sufficient office supplies.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems. Handle confidential information in a responsible manner.
- Communicate & respond to power outages, or other urgent facility situations as instructed. Managing building maintenance requests. Maintain awareness of security of building. Participate in the upkeep of the Clinic, follow maintenance request procedures. Establishing clinic open/close procedures. Establishing and enforcing clinic entry/exit protocol
- Selecting, training, and coordinating front desk volunteers
- Assisting with patient/client appointment communication, confirmation and eligibility
- Maintaining an alternating schedule that would maximize commitment to varying clinic hours.
- Managing compliance trainings such as OSHA, Sterilis
FCT Testing (staff support):
- Performs initial and follow-up sessions per FNT guidelines for persons testing for HIV. Establishes and maintains a positive rapport with community business (e.g., bathhouses, bars) and other organizations and agencies.
- Performs HIV/syphilis/STD tests via venipuncture or other methods per established guidelines (when needed).
- Works with Dallas County Health and Human Services on information regarding partner notification, contact tracing and partner elicitation, as requested.
- Maintains FCT HIV/STD/syphilis testing client files.
- Promotes PrEP.
- Performs duties in conjunction with the Gender-affirming Program Initiative, as needed.
- Perform all duties in accordance with OSHA safety, clinic protocols and HIPAA compliance.
- Update supervisor on a constant basis regarding work project and work-related matters, including staff, volunteers, materials and supplies.
- Oversee HIV/STD reporting processes and maintain a productive working relationship with county health department.
- Compile and organize information, data and documents for reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions. Follow instructions and work unsupervised.
- Strong organizational, communication, and follow-up skills. Exhibit team-oriented behavior.
- Knowledge of the LGBTQ community, its advocacy issues, trends, and area support services
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work cooperatively with diverse staff and volunteers
- Ability to receive and apply constructive feedback for personal and professional growth
- Read and visually verify information in various formats. Move and place objects up to 20 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn & be effective with new software.
- Working knowledge of multi-line phones, and computers a plus
- Experience in customer service, general office, or related fields preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 20-50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.