The Manager on Duty (MOD) supports the Fleet Mission and Visitor Experience Philosophy by providing leadership for the staff and volunteers during regular business hours as well as special events. This position serves as the central point-of-contact for visitor service, cash related requests, emergencies, general facility and Balboa Park questions. Will work closely with the Senior Manager of Group Sales and Special Events before, during and after special events.
Reports to: Senior Guest Services Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of emergency and evacuation procedures.
- It is the responsibility of the MOD to guide all staff, volunteers and patrons to safety during evacuations and emergencies according to company policies and procedures protocol. Also serves as the main contact during emergencies, contacting the proper authorities and maintaining proper communications in person, on the phone and over the radio.
- Must be certified in CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Will respond to and resolve visitor issues and complaints professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Will ensure that all frontline staff members are knowledgeable of current films, educational programs, special events and related special offers and pricing, according to protocol.
- Will work with the appropriate department heads to communicate any staff violations, which may lead to disciplinary actions.
- Will assist with selling tickets, memberships and other related Ticket Counter products as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring security procedures regarding cash handling, safe control and related items of value on behalf of the company and patrons as required. Will conduct random audits of frontline cashiers according to departmental protocol.
- Responsible for summary and accuracy of payment reconciliation of reports other related attendance counts and program totals as required or requested.
- Conducts building walk-through procedures as required. Maintains security-minded procedures, noticing potential security issues and makes corrections/adjustments as needed. Reports problems and security breaches to appropriate department head for repair, replacement or corrective action.
- Monitors Public Address (PA) announcements for Theater show times, closing calls and other related public announcements as necessary. Ensures that announcements are made according to approved scripts both at the main entrance as well as the Theater entrance.
- Ensures that all frontline areas are adequately staffed based on business trends. Communicates employee absences and call-outs.
- Other duties, special events and related projects as assigned by supervisor.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: Public Address System, Ticketing System, PC, Cash Register, Printer, Telephone, Flashlight, Microsoft Office Software, Copier, walkie talkie (radio) and Fax.
Physical Requirements of this Position:
Medium Work: Position involves sitting, standing, and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
Business Location Presence: This position requires physical presence at the business location during all assigned working hours in order to adequately perform all duties.