Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, we recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, dancers, musicians, production crew, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve. Join us, and you'll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.houstonballet.org
This is a part-time position located in downtown Houston, Texas.
Academy Class Monitors will help ensure the safety and security of Houston Ballet Academy students at the Center for Dance, located in downtown Houston. Academy Class Monitors will handle COVID-19 screening and implement Academy health and safety procedures.
Hours for the position range from 15-25 per week, depending on availability. Please include your schedule/availability in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Supervise the pick-up and drop-off of students at three (3) outside entrances at the Center for Dance.
- Screen students upon arrival, including taking students' temperatures.
- Ensure students remain physically distant and wear masks throughout the Center for Dance.
- Monitor student behavior outside of the dance studio.
- Communicate directly with Academy Administrative Team, Receptionist, Security Officers, and other staff at Houston Ballet.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Experience working with children
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Friendly and nurturing personality
- Accountability and responsibility
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. At times, the position may be outside.
- Regular Monday-Friday and some weekend activity.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Houston Ballet embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve. Inclusion, diversity, equity, and access are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We address the challenges of our future in a culture that honors what is unique in all of us. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballets mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.