Sonderen Packaging, is a family company in its third generation of ownership. Since 1963 Sonderen Packaging has been a staple of the Spokane, WA community. We conduct business with the highest level of integrity while striving to maintain a family focused culture. Our culture is built on respectful relationships with our customers and employees. We have a positive working environment with a talented team, and excellent benefits. Are you a reliable & detail-oriented employee, who likes a good challenge and has a positive attitude?
A packer/inspector will work with a team on a gluing machine in our finishing department. Packer Inspectors are responsible for the final quality check of our product before it is shipped to our customers. We are looking for someone who is able to be on their feet and good with their hands. Some advice when you are first starting in this position would be to "pay close attention to your trainer and ask lots of questions!" This person will need to be willing to step in where necessary to assist the finishing team in efficient machine change overs and look ahead to prepare the machine for the next job for maximum efficiency. The finishing team members had this to say about their manager, "Allen is a good listener and a clear communicator, and will get you the help you need if you are struggling and need an extra hand."
This custom manufacturing business is also very humbling in that you learn something new every single day. Manufacturing is exciting and can be unpredictable. We all do the best we can but at the end of the day we must give ourselves some grace. Although we strive for perfection, we are not perfect people and do not make a perfect product. However, we take pride in seeing our quality product on the store shelf. We are lifelong learners. We persevere through tough times and are always looking for ways to improve. We love to laugh and joke and celebrate success. If these are characteristics you embody, it is likely you would be a great fit for our team. Are you up for the challenge??
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Check with the lead operator to determine job scheduling for machine.
- Review job ticket to determine how many cases will be needed to run the job. Set the tape machine to tape the cases.
- Cut liner boards for the bottom of the cases. Cut dividers if necessary. Fill out Packer/Inspector checklist.
- This position is responsible for inspecting the color/print, die cut, and glue of cartons while the machine is running. Know all styles of boxes.
- Package the finished product carefully into corrugated cases, double check the count.
- Ensure the Packer/Inspector checklist is complete and put it with the job ticket. Return cases to inventory and clean work area.