Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, we recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, dancers, musicians, production crew, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve. Join us, and you'll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.houstonballet.org
This is a part-time, in-person temporary position located in downtown Houston, Texas.
As the Part-time Nutcracker Market Associate, you'll serve as an integral team member and work within the Nutcracker Market department at Houston Ballet. The Nutcracker Market department is responsible for the annual Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market holiday shopping event, Houston Ballet's largest event and fundraiser. Click here for more details: Nutcracker Market
This position requires an extremely organized, detailed, multi-tasking and self-motivated individual with good communication skills that will be responsible for multiple database processing and tracking projects within the Nutcracker Market department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist Nutcracker Market staff with the following:
- Communication with merchants, applicants, volunteers, and committees
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets for applications, return samples, product inventory, booth payments, special orders, contracts, billing, etc.
- Processing letters, invoices, and receipts
- Tracking volunteers and volunteer shifts using the online system Shiftboard
- Maintenance and updating the Merchant database (MS Access)
- Mailings, mail merges, database extraction and database reports
- Social media scheduling and updating the website
- Answering phones, field questions and/or take messages as needed
- Reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating telecommunications
- Attend events as needed
- Make deliveries as needed to printers, mail house, bank, post office, etc.
- Daily mail distribution for Nutcracker Market Department
Education & Experience
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- One-three years experience in data entry, money processing and customer service preferred
- Database experience MS Access and/or Tessitura a significant plus
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Regular Monday Friday. Weekends and significant work time during Nutcracker Market season.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Houston Ballet embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve. Inclusion, diversity, equity, and access are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We address the challenges of our future in a culture that honors what is unique in all of us. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet's mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.