The General Maintenance Technician is a trained person who specializes in fixing and maintaining machines, equipment, and general office appliances. He is versatile in several areas and executes many tasks in a day. The job of a general technician requires both indoor and outdoor activities including places such as restrooms, kitchens, and offices throughout the property. He/she carries out a wide range of duties as directed by the facilities manager: these include maintenance on buildings, carpentry, painting, general repair, pest control and landscaping amongst others. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Carryout all duties that are necessary in resolving reactionary activities, and report the need for further maintenance and safety to supervising staff
- Ensure the proper use of all tools in the workshop for cutting, bending and welding of equipment
- Carryout detailed evaluation of workshop equipment to ensure that they are in good condition for proper functioning
- Assist less skilled workers in different phases of building, construction and general maintenance and review works performed by them to ensure that they are in good condition
- Carryout repairs on ceilings, floors and walls by combining plaster of spackle and painting
- Take out damaged sheets and replace them with sheet rock and finishing seams
- Inspect equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners from time to time for proper cleaning, speed, temperature and adequate lubrication
- Ensure proper repair and finishing of doors, desks, tables, chairs and other furniture in the organization to ensure comfort of staff and visitors
- Repair and change locks in the building and perform complex lock servicing to ensure maximum safety of all people
- Carryout out ground works by mowing lawns, weeding flower beds, clearing grasses, removing snow and ice on sidewalks to ensure a clean and healthy environment
- Evaluate other temporal or seasonal workers in a range of construction works, assign different tasks to them based on their area of specialization and transport them to and from work sites accordingly
- Ensure maximum safety of all workers under their supervision by ensuring that they observe all safety measures to the latter, and report conditions that are likely to endanger safety of workers to management for quick resolution
- Perform the installation and repairs of fire and emergency alarms and other appliances that are used to call out for help in cases of emergency.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.