A Crestron Programmer is part of a programming team to write code and commission complex audio video systems. Responsible for planning, developing, testing and implementing control system code, audio files, and other equipment-related configurations, assisting in project management, assembly of customer equipment, programming Crestron control systems, on-site installations, tech support and various service-related tasks.
JOB SPECIFIC STANDARDS
- Perform programming of Crestron control systems in support of Audio/Video installations
- Consults with clients to analyze functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements.
- Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing, and installing applications.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Researches, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to create, load and modify Crestron code
- Ability to develop graphics and user interface for Crestron systems
- Strong interest in integrating Audiovisual and IT
- Hardworking, accountable, and self-motivated individual
- Good communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting, system testing, and good ability to think on your feet
- Organized and detail-oriented in a fast-paced, innovative environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years Audio/video installation and design experience commercial/residential
- Proven experience reading wiring diagrams and system design drawings
- Certified in Crestron Programming (CTS-D)
- Customer Support experience
- Some travel may be required
- AutoCAD experience