TCCRH offers a nine-week paid Nurse Extern Program that offers unique hands-on clincial experience for nursing students entering their senior year of nursing school. As a Nurse Extern, you will join TCCRH for a nine-week paid assist the pediatric patient care team by performing activities of daily living such as feeding meals, bathing, monitoring vital signs and donning/doffing splints and orthotic devices. All CNAs and NAs perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and core values of excellence, integrity, compassion, service and stewardship.
• Perform basic patient care and work with an experienced RN who will provide training and mentorship throughout the program.
• Have the opportunity to hone in on an area of focus (Complex Care, Transitional Care, and PMRU)
• Explore different aspects of pediatric nursing from the perspective of Case Managers, Nurse Practitioners, Clinic Nurses and Nursing Leadership.
• Plan and provide a presentation to your cohort and other healthcare team members on a diagnosis or problem facing nurses today.
• Able to work full time hours from June 1, 2021, through August 7, 2021, with a week off at the Fourth of July. Schedule will be Monday - Thursday.
• In between Junior and Senior year or graduating in December 2021 or May 2022.
• A letter of recommendation signed by a faculty member from the program in which you are enrolled, a current school transcript, and a skills check-off list must be turned in upon hire.