This position is responsible for the management of YWCA racial justice, gender equity and advocacy services. The Social Justice Sr. Manager ensures that programs advance the mission of the YWCA by educating staff and community members about issues related to advancing racial justice and gender equity.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with the leadership team, program staff and VP of Community Programs, and CEO.
Outside the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with program funders, community partners, Board of Directors, relevant board sub-committees, volunteers and community leaders.
- Direct the development, planning, training, and implementation of diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and race relations programming internally and externally.
- In collaboration with the YWCA Advocacy Committee and YWCA Communications staff, assists with the development and implementation of an annual advocacy plan.
- Develops and implements metrics intended to measure and demonstrate the impact of the advocacy plan and related activities.
- Uses the YWCA persimmon paper as a foundation for developing and implementing local programs and services to challenge institutional and structural barriers, particularly at the intersection of gender, age, class and race.
- Facilitates programming and activities for the community including on-going evaluation and continuous program improvement.
- Identifies and secures engagements highlighting racial justice and gender equity.
- Stays abreast of changing needs of populations served and identifies opportunities to implement tailored racial justice, gender equity and advocacy services.
- Educate and work with Board and staff (including newly hired staff) to understand and promote diversity, inclusion and racial & social justice and to support the mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Develops relationships with appropriate professional organizations and community groups in partnership with relevant YWCA staff.
- Maintains tracking and reporting systems to provide statistical data as required by funding sources and internal stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with all funding source requirements, goals and expectations.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand at appropriate community meetings and forums.
- Provides guidance and facilitation for the Diversity and Inclusion Action Committee.
- In collaboration with program leaders, identifies and initiates improvements related to social justice programs and procedures.
- Promotes goodwill through establishing and maintaining relationships with community leaders, organizations and volunteers engaged in social justice work.
- Ensures coordination of related volunteer program, including training, supervising and recognizing volunteers.
- Stays informed about funding changes, seeks opportunities and participates in the grant writing process to meet program needs with potential impact on the YWCA.
- Attends All Staff, relevant community collaboration meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Gathers and maintains a variety of diversity educational resources for employees, leadership teams, community partners and volunteers.
- Identifies boards or committees directly related to social justice and shared with team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.