The Bird Zoo Keeper position requires experience working with a variety Birds in a working/educational zoo setting. The Zoo is an area to connect and teach guests about the vast biological information possessed by the original created kinds and how this has led to the many varieties of animals we have today. The Bird Zoo Keeper should have a strong background and experience working with a variety of bird species (Parrots, Raptors, softbills, ratites), a basic understanding of animal health care and husbandry techniques, an awareness of animal enrichment, ability to perform vigorous physical activities both indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions, and enjoy interacting with guests This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Responsible for the animal care of animals at ark encounter
- Involved in all facets of the attractions animal care program, related to cleaning animal enclosures (e.g., rake, hose, sweep, disinfect, remove manure, clean building), operate contact areas, and prepare animal diets/drink under the guidance of the Keeper staff.
- Educate guests on the animal kinds and care in petting or interacting with the animals during animal presentations and direct interaction with the animals.
- Ensure the safety and care of the animals as well as the guests or other employees.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.