The Community Impact Grant Writer will work in strategic and creative partnership with the Community Impact team (including PA 211 Southwest) to lead grant writing and reporting for the Community Impact Department, including provide end-to-end grant management, from discovery of community need to selection of funded partners and reporting of results.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding communications skills and will have grant writing and grants process experience. In addition, the Community Impact Grant Writer will also play a critical role in facilitating regular internal communication between programs, operations, and donor relations to ensure results and impact messaging is consistent and regularly shared.
- Grant Writing and Management
- With the support of the Grants Manager, provide end-to-end grant management, from identification of funding opportunity, proposal strategy, writing, and reporting of results.
- Collaborate with Community Impact team to develop and maintain knowledge of the organization including existing projects and programs for which grants will be sought as well as assisting in identifying new opportunities for grant funding.
- Work with the Grants Manager to maintain a master calendar for all grant activity and deadlines, to include upcoming/submitted/pending/awarded proposals and requests and reporting requirements.
- Continuously work to streamline processes and continue to develop effective grant management strategies.
- Internal Communications
- Serve as a connector between the Community Impact Department and other United Way Departments and teams, including Donor Relations, Finance, Marketing, and Volunteerism. This includes providing support for corporate, volunteer, and marketing grant proposals and reports, as well as supporting cross-departmental interaction and communication.
- Lead the creation and distribution of a biweekly internal report sharing program and community-level outcomes, success stories, and project progress to ensure information is accurate and consistent across departments.
- Regularly meet with the Community Impact Program Managers to stay informed of project progress, results, and changing funding needs.
- Respond to requests from Donor Relations for community-level success stories and impact numbers.
- Work with regional United Way directors and partners as needed to meet the regional expectations of initiatives and support the expansion of projects and initiatives to include the full United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania footprint
- Build and maintain relationships with program providers, funders, policymakers, community-based organizations, professional associations, and other stakeholders to achieve impact through quality programming and coalitions.
- Develop additional written content as needed.
- Work with finance and program directors to develop grant budgets and report to corporate and foundation funders. This ranges from small projects ($5,000) to large program budgets ($2 million).