The Public Safety Intern reports to Chief of Public Safety and is to work with the Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support. Must be well organized, flexible, and work diligently to support an office of diverse staff and programs. Public Safety Intern has the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Provide high-level administrative support for the Chief of Public Safety. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working in Word, Excel & Microsoft Project
- Clerical and project/labor tracking skills
- Preparing, scheduling, and receiving products
- Preparing and scheduling meetings
- Arranging conference calls
- Prioritize and manage administration of multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external assistants, as well as consultants, and assisting with coordination of a variety of meetings on behalf of the Chief of Public Safety.
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications.
- Assist with product and vendor research for the Dept. of Public Safety.
- Attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- File/maintain high level and confidential office documentation.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.