This internship is designed to provide the student with supervised practical work experience in the safety field and in the continuing daily work as a safety professional. The safety intern will work within the Environmental Health & Safety department and have the opportunity to work across operational lines with other departments within the ministry as a team approach to growth. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Participate in field safety audits via our IReport SMS program at assigned locations
- Assist in the development/management of the SDS program
- Update various records, files and procedures as assigned
- Research various safety related topics as assigned
- Provide corrective action recommendations
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.