The Human Resource (HR) Analyst is an integral member of the human resources team who manages and analyzes our people analytics, metrics, and statistics. This individual takes the lead in ensuring accuracy and integrity of HR data, runs reports, creates dashboards, and is the HR team’s SME with our Paycom HRIS and other technology. The HR analyst collects, compiles, and analyzes HR data, metrics, and statistics, and leverages this data to tell our people analytic stories and make recommendations to enhance our recruitment, retention, and engagement strategies. This individual also takes the lead in creating reports for legal compliance activities and staff training. A successful candidate in this role has a keen attention to detail and accuracy, strong troubleshooting skills, proven ability to tell a story with data and presentation/training skills. Experience with Paycom, PowerBi and advanced Excel skills are highly desirable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as HR team’s HRIS/Paycom subject matter expert
- Ensures confidentiality and practices discretion with the privacy of employee data and implements best practices in data management and organization.
- Maintains HRIS system (Paycom), including employee information, setting up modules, and launching performance reviews.
- Creates and implements data input processes to ensure data integrity.
- Support and verify payroll changes.
- Manages and audits permissions and resets passwords.
- Administers, trains and monitors performance management process.
- Develops and manages employee surveys, checklists, and trainings in Paycom learning.
- May conduct or assist with conducting classification/analysis audits for compensation analysis to include exempt and non-exemption classification.
- Monitors Paycom changes/spotlights and updates HR team on relevant changes
- Leads data integrity, collection, reporting and analysis.
- Develops and maintains HR metric dashboards.
- Curates content and data for the monthly HR staff communications, data requests/reports, and compliance reports (e.g. Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1 reporting, census data, board and leadership reports, total reward statements, etc.).
- Creates, coordinates, and analyzes data for other employee engagement initiatives and surveys.
- Facilitates implementation of new hire orientation such as developing and implementing training videos, exit surveys and required notices, professional development, recruiting, and other related initiatives.
- Identifies, collects and analyzes HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS), payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors practices, and other sources.
- May assist HR data collection to support budget management.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations in coordination with HR team members:
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Prepares and presents reports of data results and presentations with visualizations of data, data interpretation and recommendations for HR team and senior leadership.
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance.
- Researches industry trends to assist in analysis and recommendations.
- Develops HR SOPs, data governance structures, and trainings:
- Creates and updates HR SOPs and training for Paycom transactions, data collection and regular data reporting.
- Creates and delivers employee training and videos both live and in Paycom LMS.
- May support or facilitate training and implementation for performance, benefits, and compensation review and evaluation process.
- Leads the content management and updates for the HR intranet site, in coordination with the HR and IT teams.
- Researches and supports HR technology initiatives.
- Proactively support APA DEIB and organizational initiatives.
- Provides back-up support for HR Coordinator logistics, administrative support and HR inbox monitoring and responses.
- May provide back-up or support duties for other HR team members, as needed.
- May serve on cross-functional teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The HR Analyst’s performance on these duties and responsibilities will be measured using the following competencies:
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Performs more complex administrative or operational processes for Human Resources including understanding of HR policies and procedures, people analytics and data analysis and how to apply these to data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Contributes knowledge and skills to the day-to-day activities of Human Resources, particularly in support of HRIS, technology and data analysis.
- Provides suggestions and recommendations that improve processes, collect information, streamline processes, and increase efficiency.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of specialized skills and techniques, particularly in the areas of data collection and analysis, SOP development, and training.
- Success is frequently measured by completing a small to medium set of tasks and demonstrating defined individual and group work environment behaviors, meeting deadlines and tracking and reporting information, analyzing data to tell a story, measure change, and drive behavior.
COMPLEXITY, PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION-MAKING
- Work is primarily routine as methods and procedures are well-defined but offers opportunity for minor planning and/or limited choice of work method within established guidelines.
- May propose plans to manage direct responsibilities and assist with other aspects of the program or department more effectively.
- Develops short-term plans/priorities for meeting individual goals. Works in coordination with other team members to identify and leverage data to measure and drive behavior.
- Identifies problems and issues. Is resourceful in solving problems and issues. Implements known and repeated solutions with management approval.
- Recognizes out-of-scope problems or ideas/suggestions and escalates them to the appropriate level for coordination and approvals.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT & AUTHORITY
- Relationships primarily center on collaborative work efforts both with the HR team, coordinating across departments and technology support or training of individual employees.
- Relationships may include significant face-to-face interactions with employees, leadership, and HR vendors.
- Accurately differentiates and prioritizes information and/or issues and determines who needs to be consulted or kept informed; creates, maintains, and shares SOPs, trainings, reports and data with HR team.
- Uses tact and discretion to obtain cooperation and understanding on routine and non-routine matters; provides accurate, comprehensive, and intuitive data reports and analysis to HR team and leadership.
- Asks relevant questions to ensure accurate data reports, metrics, and presentations. Appropriately loops in other HR team members, asks team members questions to help with individual employee responses. Leverages and updates template emails.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of the work, KPIs, or project team's relationships and responsibilities within the department.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of APA benefits, policies, procedures, data analytics and terminology of HR; asks questions to ensure appropriate knowledge to capture and analyze data and create trainings.