Our mission is to decarbonize the "hard-to-abate" heavy industrial sectors of the world economy with a new class of electrolyzers. Advanced Ionics is seeking a highly motivated Engineer to join our growing team that is dedicated to developing transformational “green hydrogen” industrial electrolyzer systems.
You are responsible for directing the day to day operation of a diverse research and development team. This team is responsible for the development, design and testing of all components of our electrolyzers from the individual cell components up to the assembled stacks.
You’re the right candidate for this job if you enjoy workplaces where everyone has a voice, if you’re passionate about solving climate change through complex and wonky markets, and if you’re willing to propose a new idea, write a memo, code a script, and turn a wrench.
What You’ll Do
- Overall: Oversee and be responsible for new component development, device integration for steam/vapor electrolyzers, from benchtop to manufacturing
- Team Management: Continue to build a high-performing team of researchers, engineers, technicians, and scientists. Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the team. Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities to team members to enhance their skills and expertise.
- Project Management: Manage the entire lifecycle of R&D projects, from conception to pre-commercialization. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet or exceed the set objectives and quality standards.
- Resource Allocation: Efficiently allocate resources, including budget, personnel, and equipment, to optimize the productivity and efficiency of the R&D program.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and challenges in R&D projects and develop mitigation plans. Proactively address any roadblocks that may impede project progress or success.
- Cross-Functional: Collaborate with other teams, including product, engineering, operations, and business development, among others in a highly efficient, effective manner.
- Intellectual Property: Oversee the protection of intellectual property generated through R&D activities. Work closely with legal and IP teams to secure patents and protect the organization's inventions and innovations.
- Market Analysis: Stay up to date with market trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies in the industry.
What’s In It for You:
- A unique opportunity to manage fellow staff members, projects, workflows, and team growth in the rapidly evolving hydrogen marketplace.
- Being on the ground floor of translating R&D into a successful, world-changing product.
- Playing a key role in the transformational “green hydrogen” industrial electrolyzer systems development
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive, negotiable salary
- Vesting options for equity in a venture-backed, climate-tech startup
- Health and retirement benefits, with flexible options
- Generous vacation policy, with flexible company holidays
- Paid parental and sick leave
About Advanced Ionics:
At Advanced Ionics, we’ve created a green hydrogen platform that allows industrial hydrogen producers and users to achieve sustainability and decarbonize, without sacrificing profit. We combine our patented Symbiotic electrolyzer technology with our customers’ onsite process and waste heat to produce the lowest-cost green hydrogen on the market.
We’re a thoughtful, venture-backed, and mission-oriented team of engineers, creatives, and business people looking to change the world. And we’re proud to say we’re headquartered in the great city of Milwaukee, in the heart of the industrial Midwest.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value people with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We know the right candidate might not check every box in this job description. You could also have important skills we haven't thought of. If you think you’re a great candidate for this role, apply and tell us why. To apply, send us a resume and a few sentences about why you are interested in this position and what you bring to the table. There will be opportunities for us to train you too! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!