Our mission is to decarbonize the "hard-to-abate" heavy industrial sectors of the world economy with a new class of electrolyzers. Advanced Ionics is seeking a highly motivated Engineer to join our growing team that is dedicated to developing transformational green hydrogen industrial electrolyzer systems.
You are responsible for assembling, maintaining and assisting in the development of the balance of plant for intermediate temperature electrolyzers. The main areas of focus will be on pneumatics, electronics, control software, pressure and flow control of steam and gases through the system.
You’re the right candidate for this job if you enjoy workplaces where everyone has a voice, if you’re passionate about solving climate change through complex and wonky markets, and if you’re willing to propose a new idea, write a memo, code a script, and turn a wrench.
What You’ll Do
- Layout and assemble PLCs and electrical equipment. Troubleshoot electrical and grounding issues in all electrolyzer test systems.
- Build and troubleshoot water, steam, hydrogen, and oxygen gas sensors and liquid handling systems for lab-scale electrolyzer test stations.
- Assisting in the designing, coding (Python & C++) and troubleshooting of controls for managing all relevant components of the test stations.
- Assist the engineering team with design decisions regarding backpressure control, water to steam conversion, heat exchange, pneumatics, condensation, temperature control, among others.
Where We Are and What We Offer:
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive, negotiable salary
- Vesting options for equity in a venture-backed, climate-tech startup
- Health insurance and stock option benefits.
- Progressive vacation and holiday policy.
- Paid parental and sick leave.
About Advanced Ionics:
At Advanced Ionics, we’ve created a green hydrogen platform that allows industrial hydrogen producers and users to achieve sustainability and decarbonize, without sacrificing profit. We combine our patented Symbiotic electrolyzer technology with our customers’ onsite process and waste heat to produce the lowest-cost green hydrogen on the market.
We’re a thoughtful, venture-backed, and mission-oriented team of engineers, creatives, and business people looking to change the world. And, we’re proud to say we’re headquartered in the great city of Milwaukee, in the heart of the industrial Midwest.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value people with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We know the right candidate might not check every box in this job description. You could also have important skills we haven't thought of. If you think you’re a great candidate for this role, apply and tell us why. To apply, send us a resume and a few sentences about why you are interested in this position and what you bring to the table. There will be opportunities for us to train you too! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!