About Us: Core Creative is a full-service, integrated branding agency with a passion for helping people live healthier, more purposeful lives. Ranked as a top 10 agency in the City of Milwaukee, we provide a supportive and fast-paced atmosphere with an amazing, family-like culture. We not only value our clients, but we also place our employees just as high on the priority list. We’ve been recognized as one of Milwaukee’s best places to work by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as the Business Journal of Greater Milwaukee.
Summary: Core Creative is seeking a Designer for their Design Services* division. Under the supervision of the Lead Designer, the Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The Designer has excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They must have the ability to take both initiative and ownership of projects, and be able to provide and accept practical feedback. The position requires a strong eye for design and in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
*Core’s Design Services division is focused on managing a single, large client – this division currently has over 40 employees.
Remote Work Option: This role will fall under Core Creative's hybrid work environment, that allows the employee to choose where they work from. We realize that some days it is simply more efficient for you to work from your home office, while on other days it may be easier to book an office space and work from the Core Creative offices. This policy is grounded in both our trust in our hard-working and dedicated employees, as well as our desire to create work life balance for those employees to the best of our ability. Core will provide all the necessary equipment and a stipend for technology to each employee. We expect our new hire will follow all guidelines that allow us to have this policy in place. employees may be expected in the office for some meetings, trainings, or as designated by management.
Day to Day Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- The ability to collaborate is crucial in successfully integrating with the Design Service team and the overall WE culture at Core Creative. At various points in any project it may be required to work closely with a Senior Designer, Project Leader, Lead Designer or the Design Director to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Interprets client input documents and develops an understanding of available resources to compliment Project Leaders direction and guidance
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required
- Works within designated brand standards but is able to push the limits of those standards when necessary
- Confirms all deadlines with Team Leader or Project Leader to ensure meeting deadlines
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions, prior to submitting work for routing
- Generates proofs, for routing to Senior Designer, Project Leader, Lead Designers or Design Director, when applicable
- Makes all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly
- Generates final production layouts prior to release. Follows final routing procedures
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop); takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires
- Assists in maintaining digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references