Receive daily direction from one of the master electricians for day-to-day electrical needs and other maintenance and facility activities. The apprentice electrician maintains a cursory knowledge of electrical installations and by definition is striving to become a master. The apprentice will aid the master electrician in maintaining existing electrical systems, making alterations to the electrical system, and installing new electrical devices and circuitry. The apprentice will maintain a continual pursuit of academic education in the electrical field, either by an approved apprenticeship program or traditional accredited institution program focusing on electricity and electronics. The apprentice electrician will have a focus on electrical work but be able and apt to perform any and all maintenance related activities Any of the Answers in Genesis properties. The apprentice will follow a schedule set by the facilities maintenance manager, which could include a rotating schedule of weekends and evenings. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Responsible for all electrical related systems related to the entire Ark Encounter and associated properties. He is to assist to maintain and repair all, HVAC systems, lighting systems, electrical systems, emergency generators and related systems, material handling/dock equipment, back-up systems and batteries related to back up systems.
- Assist with daily maintenance of equipment, troubleshoots and provide preventative maintenance, and maintains efficiency and safety of all equipment.
- Accomplish tasks relating to the ongoing operations and preventative maintenance schedule for the Ark Encounter and associated facilities, including Emergency Back-Up generators and UPS Battery Back-up Systems. Ensures Electrical Switch Gear and associated components are inspected and exercised on a scheduled basis.
- Perform repairs, replacements, preventative, and corrective maintenance on equipment and facility assets.
- Identify and assess key areas for possible improvement, involving the facility maintenance.
- Routinely inspects and maintains the building and grounds electrical systems.
- Participates in all relevant training and staff meetings.
- Assist in housekeeping efforts as needed.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned including need projects and fabrication needs for ongoing expansion and improvement.
- Pursues Continuing Education Courses for attaining Electrical License.