ABA Every Day – A RISE Services, Inc. Company
At ABA Every Day, we use our compassion, knowledge, and expertise in the evidenced-based science of applied behavior analysis (ABA) to make lasting, positive impacts in the lives of the children and families that we serve. We are passionate about the growth, development, and collaboration of all our team members, and we are committed to improving ourselves so that we can better serve our clients. To learn more, visit us HERE.
RISE Services, Inc.
Since 1987, RISE has provided practical, professional, and personal growth opportunities for children, adults, and their families. With our innovative approach, we are dedicated to transforming the lives of the individuals and families we serve through the delivery of person-centered services.
Our services have expanded from moving individuals living in institutions to family settings into supporting adults and children with highly diverse support needs in a wide variety of homes and community-based settings.
The Pediatric Occupational Therapist will be responsible for providing evaluations, assessments, and ongoing therapy for children birth to adolescence. Therapists will work as part of a comprehensive multidisciplinary team in order to provide screenings, assessments, planning, and on-going services in collaboration with the child's family, medical providers and other community representatives.
This is an independent contract position.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy (required)
- Meet all prescribed professional requirements and rules of professional conduct for the specific discipline, including applicable licensure
- Have their own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Must provide or obtain CPR/First Aid Certification (provided by the agency)
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary clinic is preferred, though not required
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Oral and written communication
- Able to tolerate moderate-to-loud noise levels
- Able to receive and retain detailed information through oral communication
- Possess the visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through electronic and paper means
- Interpersonal relations
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making
- Time management
- Experience with various types of software, computer and office equipment troubleshooting, and ordering/inventory of office supplies
- Committed to meeting quality standards
- Familiarity with issues of compliance for state and federal regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA laws
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain professional composure in stressful situations
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop skill set accordingly
- Ability to maintain honesty, integrity, and professional ethics in all aspects of work
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and client stakeholders
- Ability to adhere to attendance requirements, including regular and punctual attendance to scheduled workdays
- Ability to follow all Collaborative Corner and ABA Everyday policies, procedures, and guidelines to the benefit of the clinic, client, and therapist outcomes
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact and work effectively with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, and educational backgrounds
- Ability to recognize the importance of workplace safety, follow safety rules and procedures, practice safe working habits, utilize safety equipment, and report unsafe working conditions to supervisor
- Conduct evaluations and assessments using standardized tools to determine occupational therapy diagnoses to establish a plan of care and make specific recommendations as needed
- Promote and use evidence-based standards of care and treatment
- Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results to determine therapy treatment plans
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner for service delivery, including appropriate therapy units to be delivered, team communication, and any other required documentation to remain in compliance with company standards
- Identify the need for caregiver education and utilize opportunities for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis. Document education and understanding as appropriate
- Demonstrate knowledge in professionalism, child development, family professional partnerships, assessment and evaluation, and planning and intervention
- Adjust communication pattern to the age and level of the understanding of the child
- Attend meetings when needed to provide specific discipline advice as regards to the functional needs and skills of the child
- Practice principles of employee and patient safety while performing daily job activities
- Works closely with local physicians, family members, and multidisciplinary staff to develop a coordinated care treatment plan for each child
- Complete discharge planning, when needed, and provide information regarding appropriate selection/use of equipment and follow up services
- Actively support scheduling to meet each child and family needs, working with the coordinated care team as needed to adjust and adapt to changes
- Regularly participate in marketing and public awareness through participation in community events and other activities, as requested