- Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Human Factors, or a related field
- At least 3 years of real-world experience in Human Factors Engineering
- Previous experience designing and conducting user research
- You have a familiarity with product development from a Human Factors perspective and can confidently guide an internal and external team in the process, benefits, and deliverables thereof.
- You have familiarity with regulatory guidelines (e.g., IEC 62366, FDA Human Factors, HE 74, etc.) for the approval of medical devices.
- You have worked in a consulting environment for at least one year and are familiar with how they operate.
- You have a true passion for human-centered product design, as evidenced by your education and career choices.
- You have extensive experience conducting all varieties of user studies.
- You demonstrate high standards of workmanship and attention to detail and can help improve departmental processes and best practices.
- You can develop, support, and defend design recommendations based on your experience with design research, ergonomics, and human factors principles
- You can successfully lead clients through problem definition and the innovation process during workshop sessions.
- You have a deep understanding of user research methodologies, concepting processes, approaches, and tools, and take the initiative to improve them.
- You have established yourself in thought-leadership within the Human Factors community.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, because sometimes that leads to the most unique, unexpected design solutions.
- You are motivated by change, and see the pandemic, social injustice, and our younger generations as meaningful opportunities to adapt how we design and collaborate, and what we deliver. Because equity, inclusion, and diversity are important to you, you have a point of view, personal or professional experience, or interest in helping make a difference.
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives. We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
Delve is a multidisciplinary product innovation firm that brings bold ideas to market those guides clients through the complexities of innovation, delivering better, faster, and more sustainable success. For over 55 years, Delve has mobilized the best experts and technologies for its clients, completing over 10,000 client projects, producing over 1,500 patents, and winning over 200 design awards.
Delve serves ambitious start-ups to Fortune 500 clients in the healthcare, consumer, and commercial industries, delivering innovation through advanced expertise in research, strategy, design, and engineering. Delve has placed innovation studios in Boston, Madison, Philadelphia, and San Francisco to attract forward- thinking leaders to solve complex product challenges through human-centered design.