Under the direction of the Learning and Development Manager, the Learning and Development Assistant Manager holds the responsibility to develop and deliver training aimed at creating and maintaining a culture of excellence and service through employee development at Answers in Genesis, the Creation Museum, and the Ark Encounter. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Oversee and promote the spiritual, personal, and professional development of all team members being led
- Assist Manager in setting priorities and schedules for L&D Team
- Assist Manager in developing and leading L&D Team members
- Assist in developing a technically proficient and guest-focused AiG and seasonal workforce to facilitate all phases of Attraction and Ministry operations effectively.
- Leads the L&D Team, as directed by the Manager, in working with HR and other AiG staff in developing recruiting events, promoting employment opportunities through a variety of avenues.
- Lead, along with the Manager, in creating and delivering development opportunities for existing AiG staff.
- Works with the L&D Team, HR, and other AiG staff in the area of onboarding activities to ensure a smooth and consistent experience for candidates and newly hired staff.
- Assist L&D Manager in evaluating the training program’s effectiveness and ROI.
- As directed by the L&D Manager, assist in refining/developing training materials and programs of instruction for classroom and virtual in-person training and online content for the ministry’s learning management system to ensure reproducible knowledge across the ministry and attractions.
- Assist L&D Manager with the administration of the ministry’s learning management system.
- As assigned, deliver training content for the staff of AiG, Creation Museum, and Ark Encounter.
- As assigned, support engagement and recognition activities within the organization.
- As directed by the L&D Manager, work closely with Human Resources to ensure high standards for employees are communicated clearly, including employee appearance, demeanor, and knowledge resulting in a consistent culture throughout AiG, Creation Museum, and Ark Encounter.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices.
- Support Brand Development to uphold the AiG brand, especially when guests interact with the many staff at the attractions and other related AiG ministry areas.
- As assigned by L&D Manager, work within attraction departments to grow in understanding of their roles and to connect with staff.
- Provide support and input into other areas of the AiG ministry, as requested.
- Assist L&D Manager in seeking out opportunities for the team to explore and cultivate training opportunities outside the ministry, such as conferences, guest speakers, books, and other resources to incorporate into AiG training.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.