EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in communications or marketing with supervisory experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Ability to successfully organize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with sharp attention to detail
- Adept at creative and compelling storytelling across varied mediums, including producing, publishing or preparing creative slide presentations, backgrounders, talking/message points, articles, reports, emails, video scripts, executive summaries, blog posts, and infographics
- Strong ability to develop thought leadership collateral, using numerous data points and getting input from subject matter experts
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making experience
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of media database tools like Cision
- Proficiency with basic computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite and social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, X, Instagram)
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.) a plus
Daily activities are conducted in a typical office environment. EJW currently adheres to a hybrid work model whereby employees who live within a reasonable commuting area are required to be in person in-office two times per week.
- Regular travel is expected to be approximately <10%.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for the senior manager of communications position is $70,400 - $105,600 based on experience. Health and wellbeing are a priority at Equal Justice Works. We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits designed to support your total health and wellbeing, including flexible work arrangements, 14 days of annual vacation leave, additional paid holiday leave the week between Christmas and the New Year, 16 weeks of paid parental leave for those with Equal Justice Works 6 months or more, excellent medical and dental insurance with Equal Justice Works paying 100% for employee premiums and 75% for dependent premiums, student loan repayment assistance, and opportunity for career advancement, including a professional development stipend of $1,000 per year.
Visit www.equaljusticeworks.org to upload application materials. Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter that describes their interest in and qualifications for this role.
BACKGROUND AND REFERENCE CHECKS
Finalists for this position will be required to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background and reference check as a condition of employment.
Equal Justice Works is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. This employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, stretch and kneel for extended periods of time; frequently required to talk, hear, and use repetitive hand motions; and should possess the ability to push, pull, and lift up to thirty pounds unassisted.
As a condition of this position, which is required to work at the Equal Justice Works office, and as a part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and visitors, EJW is requiring all employees that work in the EJW office to receive an FDA-authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Justice Works is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspective, and skills and encourage people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, work, and life experiences to apply.