The Coordinator is responsible for day to day running of inside activity related to food service at the Creation Museum. Guest experience is of highest priority. This coordinator position focuses on indoor and outdoor venues and their staff, the specific food items and their respective ingredients. Therefore, this position focuses on, but is not limited to, the following areas: staff involved in the preparation and sale of food, ensuring proper quantities of food items are prepped, rotated, and stocked each day. The Culinary Services Coordinator is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Collaborate within department in the day-to-day operations with the overall development of a SERVE culture
- Promote the AiG mission.
- Give utmost attention to food presentation to ensure a high-quality guest experience.
- Ensure that safety and hygienic operations of the cooking areas are adhered to by members of staff.
- Enforce standards, departmental goals, and procedures.
- Facilitate teams success by making sure staff is well-trained and know strengths and weaknesses of all staff.
- Monitor all indoor and outdoor venue activities to ensure that professional standards and procedures are maintained.
- Address staff issues professionally.
- Participate in selection, training, and ongoing evaluation of seasonal staff.
- Help create and manage employee schedule for indoor venue staff.
- Report any equipment or facility repair issues to a Culinary Services manager or Director of Culinary Services and arrange for repair if given approval.
- Enforce and teach all food handling procedures in compliance with NKY Health Department.
- Promote effective communication between staff and management.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.