Reports To: COO (Chief Operating Officer)
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for administering care to patients under the direct supervision of the COO with dotted line supervision under a physician to treat advances illnesses or injuries
- Follows Texas Nurse Practice Act for their licensure
- Initiates an appropriate assessment of the patient's health status, ranging from focused to comprehensive, depending upon the setting (e.g., structured screening, scheduled visit)
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer in the ongoing assessment of patient services and will report any need for improvement in those areas. Work with the team (RW Program Manager, HIV Prevention Services Manager, RW Eligibility Supervisor, COO) in ongoing clinical development and implementation
- Consults with colleagues, supervising Physicians, specialists, and other health professionals as appropriate
- Document all client care as appropriate in a timely manner
- Assesses treats, and provide medical services to clinic clients
- Consults with clients by telephone, triaging, and referring these clients to services as appropriate
- Ensures evaluation of lab results as well as other testing results with follow-up of abnormal values as appropriate
- Consults with and refers complex and high priority cases to the collaborating physician regarding complicated diagnostic problems, serious illness, re-evaluation of chronic conditions, etc
- Obtains patients’ health history from interviews of patients and others, and from the review of pertinent health records
- Orders pertinent diagnostic tests and procedures
- Performs diagnostic tests and procedures and therapeutic procedures, within the scope of practice, including venipuncture; intradermal tests; intramuscular and subcutaneous injections; application of dressings and bandages; administration of medications; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; auditory screening; visual screening; and aseptic techniques.
- Collects specimens for and carries out commonly performed blood, urine, stool analyses and cultures
- Interprets health information and establishes diagnoses consistent with the accumulated data
- Formulates treatment plan, ensuring timely provision of necessary health care services.
- Orders necessary medications and other therapeutic equipment and supplies within the scope of practice.
- Educates and informs patients regarding the nature of the illness and the progress of evaluation and treatment.
- Educates patients regarding health promotion and disease prevention.
- Analyzes accumulated health information and collect additional observational, interview, historical, physical examination, and diagnostic data, modifying treatment as appropriate
- Makes health record entries that are legible, concise, and timely
- Advocates for the rights of patients
- Provides primary clinical therapy and treatment of individuals and groups of patient(s)
- Participates in formulating, interpreting, implementing, and evaluating objectives, policies, and procedures
- Participates in the collection and preparation of reports on patient care activities
- Conducts audits related to advanced practice health care techniques and takes part in quality assurance programs as needed
- Maintains current knowledge in the field of practice and informs staff of changes
- Incumbent will supervise and manage medical assistants and RN
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives
- Performs other related work as required
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
Must be proficient with EHRs
The ideal candidate is independent, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
3-5 yrs Nurse Practitioner experience required
Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
2 yrs paid experience treating HIV
Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Prior supervisory experience preferred
Current license from the Texas Board of Nursing
Full time position. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is provided. Must be able to pass a background check.