Key Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Education Requirements
- At least 3 years of teaching experience; strongly preferred to be in a K-5 bilingual setting
- School leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Education Administration; graduate degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of the U.S. K–12 education market and context, with considerable experience in educational administration, or program management.
- Advanced Spanish language skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan and collaborate with a wide variety of constituents, including educators, students, parents, community stakeholders and school administrators.
- Ability to gather and synthesize data and research to develop innovative, effective, relevant and sustainable programs.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to influence and positively lead change and transition.
- Strong planning, organization, execution and evaluation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively, persuasively and credibly articulate the importance of language acquisition and global education.
- Strong understanding of and experience with rigorous literacy development.
- Experience with content based language learning is desirable.
- High comfort level with technology and tech-tools to promote progressive instruction.
Yes. Up to 80% regional travel to schools, districts and meetings in NC SC & VA.