Title: Senior Specialist, Quality Assurance
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
What we do and offer our team
AGU is a global community of 130,000 Earth and space scientists, advocates and experts. As the Senior Specialist, Quality Assurance, you will support a dynamic association that publishes peer-reviewed journals and scientific books and convenes the largest Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific community.
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Senior Specialist, Quality Assurance does
The purpose of the Sr. Specialist, Quality Assurance (QA) role is to ensure digital products delivered are met with consistent standards across all platforms. Successful digital products will help AGU to inspire a global community of individuals and organizations interested in advancing discovery in Earth and space sciences and its benefit for humanity and the environment.
The Sr. Specialist, Quality Assurance ensures the final product is delivered with AGU’s quality standards. This detail-oriented professional is responsible for the testing of products created by the development team.
In addition, the Sr. Specialist, Quality Assurance will be responsible for creating test scripts for automated testing of each development cycle. This position will ensure AGU provides a better user experience by thoroughly testing the quality of each feature we roll out to our users.
• Develops, monitors, and documents measures to correct and improve product standards.
• Develops and implements standards for automated testing and product delivery.
• Develops a workflow for product releases.
• Communicates with development team members to solve problems.
• Follows-up with the appropriate channels when mistakes are found.
• Trains other team members on all quality expectations.
• Supports other departments in the release of new products or services.
• Provide testing support for all software across AGU.Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Other duties as assigned.
What the Senior Specialist, Quality Assurance brings to the team
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience working in a membership organization environment preferred.
• Attentive to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of automated testing software, preferably selenium.
• The ability to consistently identify mistakes across products.
• The ability to closely follow quality standards.
• Excellent decision-making skills.
• Great time management, problem-solving, and multitasking abilities.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Great working knowledge of quality standards.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and verification of vaccination against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for any legally required accommodation.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.