Manage, direct and coordinate the school age Afterschool childcare staff and programs for assigned locations. Ensure YMCA policies and program standards are met and safety procedures are followed. Assure compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensure high quality programs and establish new program activities. Maintain proper records and site files. Provide staff leadership for the annual fundraising campaign. Model relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develop and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, other staff, state childcare licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Provide a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, caring and faith. Support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Oversees and coordinates counselor schedules.
- Helps the Youth Development Director plan, organize and execute activities.
- First line of communication with parents on incidents, programs, and parent events, and other necessary notifications
- Supervises a group of children and supervises school age counselors on-site.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, and consistent with the YMCAs Values and mission statement.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings needed to meet YMCA and licensing standards
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Meet, maintain, or exceed afterschool revenue goals
- Works various hours and locations to meet association needs.
- Performs other duties assigned by the manager.
- Transports children in a company vehicle to and from school and to other activities.
Ability to lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Must possess enthusiasm, high energy and exceptional human relations and motivational skills;
- Must work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions;
- Must be able to build rapport and relate well to children, parents and peers;
- Ability to assist in planning, organizing and implementing daily curriculum, games and activities for youth–focused
- Effective budgetary and programmatic experience;
- Ability to attract, maintain, lead and motivate quality staff and volunteer leadership;
- Ability to respond calmly to urgent or critical situations;
- Ability to effectively lead a team and promote teamwork;
- Knowledge and understanding of community resources and how to utilize these to help the YMCA meet goals;
- Ability to lead both staff and volunteers within the organization;
- Commitment to the purpose and mission of the YMCA of Wichita Falls.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (LEADER):
- Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.