Summary: Westfalia Technologies, Inc. is seeking a skilled Automated Parking Systems (APS) Controls Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for performing Electrical Controls Design of hardware and software on APS equipment built or supplied by Westfalia Technologies, Inc., including field commissioning and start-up.
- Developing PLC and HMI code based on department standards using Siemens and Rockwell PLC software and hardware.
- Adapting standard PLC and HMI code to new applications.
- Debugging and troubleshooting PLC-based control systems at customer sites.
- Conducting control system testing and commissioning.
- Coordinating PLC programs with control system and mechanical design.
- Providing world-class customer service to all customers.
- Traveling to job sites as required to aid in system commissioning efforts.
- Providing on-site customer training.
- Providing input to product development reviews to increase ease of maintenance and reduce field failures.
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Submitting all paperwork in a timely and professional manner.