REPORTS TO:Unit Director/Site Coordinator and/or Director of Operations
Plan, implement, supervise and promote activities and programs before/after school and during the summer months for children and youth.
KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities)
Prepare Youth for Success
Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for members and visitors to include, but not limited to Project Learn, SMART Moves, Triple Play, Healthy Habits, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all times.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety, and development of members.
- Assist in administering pre/post assessments, as appropriate.
- Evaluate programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities are in keeping with gender and cultural diversity.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting, including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of participation figures, and any member conduct or other issues.
- Maintain thorough records of attendance, progress in curriculum, and any member conduct or other issues.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- May be required to answer phones and perform other light administrative duties.
Internal:Maintain close contact with Club staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External:Maintain contact with parents or guardians in order to communicate about Club activities, explain or interpret Club guidelines, and address any conduct issues relative to members.
May be required to communicate with or work closely with school principals and classroom instructors.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public (both verbal and written)
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Valid State Drivers License (van drivers only)
- Hours completed towards an elementary or secondary education degree
- CPR/First Aid Certification
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manhattan, KS 66502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person