Trench Shoring has an exciting career opportunity to be a Class A driver for our newly opened San Leandro Branch. We are willing to train, and are seeking candidates looking to grow with our family owned and operated company. We offer excellent benefits, a great work environment, and top-notch training.
This position is primarily responsible for driving a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 80,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). The employee may be required to occasionally unload a truck.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver product and material goods in a safe and timely manner.
- Use an electronic driver log.
- Coordinate delivery schedules and uses the most time efficient routes.
- Interact professionally with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Perform daily safety inspections of the vehicle.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure the job is done properly.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Local travel only - drivers will be home most every night.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required:
- Must possess a valid and clean commercial Class A Driver's License issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Crane certification preferred, however if candidate is not certified at the time of employment, company will train for crane certified operations.
- Other skills required:
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years' experience driving a flatbed truck & trailer combination.
- Must be familiar with semi-trailers and full trailers, air brake systems and be able to operate a thirteen-speed transmission.
- Mechanically inclined, be familiar with hydraulic equipment and have a construction background.
- Must have knowledge of local major and minor roadways and have the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
- Computer knowledge is desired.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Continually exposed to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Be physically able to routinely lift 70 pounds but are expected to not lift anything over 50 pounds on a recurring basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The employee must frequently wear Trench Shoring Company mandated safety equipment (including but not limited to high-visibility vest, hard helmet, approved safety glasses and safety-toe boots).
- The position is a safety sensitive position
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.