Under the supervision of the Care Management Manager, the Care Management or Care Coordinator Supervisor is responsible to provide supervision and oversight of staff including training, performance management, managing work schedules, standards of quality, and exemplifying excellent customer service. Supervisors will be supporting teams comprised of, on average, 10-15 care managers or care coordinators.
- Monitors activities of Care Management team to ensure that services are consistent across staff and compliant with departmental and organizational policies and procedures and Volume 8 regulations. Assumes care management duties in absence of care managers as necessary.
- Supervises care managers or care coordinators, -interviews, hires, trains, mentors, conducts performance evaluations and performance improvement plans to ensure the delivery of quality services.
- Responsible for assignment of clients and caseload management. Monitors work assigned to each team member to ensure caseload equity and compliance with documentation timeframes and expectations.
- Participates in departmental functions on performance management, quality assurance, Human Rights Committee, Critical Incidents and other projects as assigned.
- Acts as a resource to care managers or care coordinators and other departments for problem resolution as needed.
- Represents RMHS on stakeholder committees and meetings to maximize collaboration with organizations that serve individuals with needs related to aging and/or disabilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively communicate with customers and stakeholders.
- Works with customers staff, stakeholders.
- Ability to meet/work with staff, stakeholders in a variety of settings.
- Attends staff, team and department meetings.
- Attends in-services, staffing and other meetings with supervisors approval. May be appointed to committees.
- Develops and maintains records, plans and reports.
- Lift and/or carry 20 lbs.
- Sit, stand and walk for reasonable periods of time.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Rocky Mountain Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to racial, ethnic and cultural diversity and the goals of the Americans with Disabilities Act.