Our mission is to decarbonize the hard-to-abate heavy industrial sectors of the world economy with a new class of electrolyzers. Advanced Ionics is seeking a highly motivated, experienced engineer to join our growing team that is dedicated to developing transformational green hydrogen industrial electrolyzer systems.
You will be responsible for working as part of the Advanced Ionics Engineering team, and will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the test station and product control systems.
You are the right candidate for this job if you enjoy workplaces where everyone has a voice, if you’re passionate about solving climate change through complex and emerging markets, and if you’re willing to propose a new idea, compose documentation, and thrive in being hands-on.
What You’ll Do
- Play a crucial role in the design, development, and implementation of control systems for the test stations and products under development.
- Develop, execute and implement new supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) strategies and systems during product development, including for in-house testing systems, prototype products and future commercial systems.
- Optimize the controls architecture for local control systems and implement on programmable logic controllers (PLC); utilize appropriate simulation software to design the multidomain models and simulate to assure needed performance
- Lead the design and development of control systems for customer projects, including working with external vendors and suppliers; evaluate and develop distributed control system architectures if/as required
- Work cross-functionally with leadership to define and implement a sensor strategy to assure comprehensive data collection and analytics.
- You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure the seamless integration of advanced control and sensing technologies, enabling the efficient operation and optimization of the electrolyzer system during development and in the field.
- Plan and conduct comprehensive testing procedures to validate the functionality and performance of control systems.
- Conduct thorough analysis of control system faults and implement effective solutions for resolution.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve issues promptly, ensuring minimal downtime of systems.
- Maintain detailed documentation of control system designs, configurations, and modifications.
About Advanced Ionics:
At Advanced Ionics, we’ve created a green hydrogen platform that allows industrial hydrogen producers and users to achieve sustainability and decarbonize, without sacrificing profit. We combine our patented Symbiotic electrolyzer technology with our customers’ onsite process and waste heat to produce the lowest-cost green hydrogen on the market.
We’re a thoughtful, venture-backed, and mission-oriented team of engineers, creatives, and business people looking to change the world. And, we’re proud to say we’re headquartered in the great city of Milwaukee, in the heart of the industrial Midwest.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value people with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We know the right candidate might not check every box in this job description. You could also have important skills we haven't thought of. If you think you’re a great candidate for this role, apply and tell us why. To apply, send us a resume and a few sentences about why you are interested in this position and what you bring to the table. There will be opportunities for us to train you too! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!