Why You Should Join Our On Q Family
Senior Accountant will be a highly skilled and analytical member of the Accounting team, providing critical transactional processing and/or oversight to support and ensure accuracy, timeliness, and relevance in all records and reports. Senior Accountant will assist to ensure expedient month end close. Will often serve as a project lead. Will be a critical player in process automation. Shall communicate effectively and collaborate with co-workers of varying levels of experience and responsibility.
Senior Accountant’s primary responsibility will include Loan Accounting, General Ledger Account Reconciliations, and Payroll Accounting Reconciliations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Review details of assigned and related General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability and relevance of transaction details, balances and allocations; Demonstrates keen awareness of GL Accounts, what they represent; Will assist with maintaining proper account balances and classifications in accordance with GAAP and Industry standards.
- Ensure timely reconciliation and posting to support publication of Day 3 Revenue Report.
- Review and monitor accounting records to ensure alignment with all Company and department policies and Best Practices; Alert Management to any areas of deficiency; Periodically assess internal controls, report on areas of risk, assist with design and implementation of improved controls.
- Liaise with other team members to support continuous improvement and create economies of scale.
- Assist and/or often lead comprehensive implementation of new or changing accounting policies and procedures as necessary to support Company and department initiatives; Assist and/or lead task and process automation initiatives; Assist with software conversion needs as they arise.
- Process, reconcile and research loan funding and loan sale activities.
- Conduct research as requested to support reporting integrity.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- 401(K) Plans & company match*.
- Generous PTO & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employee Loan Program.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- Wellness Program, Pet Insurance & Corporate Discount Program.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere!
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree preferred, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in complex General Ledger Accounting and Month End Close.
- Accounting software proficiency and experience with software implementation preferred.
- Minimum two years’ Mortgage industry experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Attention to Detail and high level of accuracy while processing an extremely high volume of transactions at a fast pace.
- Self-Starter who continuously seeks ways to add value.
- Strong computer knowledge needed, especially Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Must be customer service and business relationship driven.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks properly and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbally and written. Able to maintain poise in stressful situations.
- See challenges as opportunities to improve both Self and the organization.
- Embraces On Q’s core values of innovation, collaboration, moving fast and simplifying.
Licenses and Certifications
CPA or CPA Candidate Preferred but not required
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!