Asuragen is a molecular diagnostic product company based in Austin, TX, changing the way patients are treated in genetics and oncology. Asuragen’s diagnostic systems, composed of proprietary chemistry and software, deliver powerful answers using broadly installed instrument platforms. They are simple to adopt and expand the ability to serve patients.
Asuragen is seeking a degree-level scientist who can work as part of our Molecular Controls and Custom Reagents manufacturing group. This business unit designs, develops and manufactures Armored® RNA and DNA targets and additional high-quality molecular control reagents for clients upon request. We follow cGMP standards to ensure product consistency and customer satisfaction. The controls we manufacture are used externally to support clinical testing and diagnostic products and internally to support new product development.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the success of the Controls Manufacturing business by turning around projects and products to clients timely and with few to no errors.
- With minimal supervision, perform assigned tasks and report results.
- Communicate effectively within the team, Department, and interdepartmentally.
- Manage daily laboratory tasks such as inventory and maintenance.
- Cross-train to learn basic production and quality control processes.
- Remain compliant with all laws and regulations associated with developing and manufacturing FDA regulated products.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement.
Who You Are & What You Bring
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed; strong work ethics.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Collaborative and approachable manner that encourages interactions with others.
- Good communicator, effective communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Learning-oriented with the ability to quickly grasp and implement new concepts/approaches.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and use of the Internet.
- B.A. or B.S. in life sciences-related disciplines or the equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Previous laboratory experience a plus.
Who You Are & What You Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent Associate’s degree plus relevant experience) in biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering, or related field
- A strong track record of independence, innovation, and productivity
- Excellent and pro-active written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Critical thinking approach to problem-solving
What We Offer
We have an incredibly talented group of down-to-earth professionals with the experience, drive and creativity to make Asuragen a world-class global diagnostics company. Our workplace is full of enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people with bold ideas and the determination to see them through.
Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, TX, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, an employee bonus plan, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Asuragen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.