- Hands-on experience with high-speed optical and electrical test, and measurement equipment control and data acquisition
- Experience of free-space optics, fiber sensing, semiconductor lasers and opto-electronics
- Understanding of fiber optic channel and digital communication theory
- Expertise of optical coherent and direct detection systems, modeling, testing, debugging, and digital signal processing
- In-depth understanIn-depth thinking and analysis ability to tackle complex problems and provide creative technical solutionsding of operation and functioning of MAC layers for point-to-multipoint topology
- Knowledge in optical, cable and wireless access networks and the corresponding standards and specifications (DOCSIS, Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G, xPON)
- Proficient in MATLAB or Python/C/C++ programing language and optical simulation tools
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics, or equivalent experience
- PhD in similar field(s) is preferred
- 8+ years of simulation and lab expertise in optical and wireless/mobile communication systems and networks
Working conditions and physical requirements:
This job operates in a professional office and lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office and lab equipment. May be required to lift, move and transport equipment and/or materials up to 50lbs.
CableLabs offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package. This position is eligible for bonus incentive compensation up to 25% of base salary. In addition, CableLabs offers a 401(k) with an employer match up to 6%, and an ADDITIONAL 8% contribution to 401(k) which is all fully vested after only two years of employment. We offer 10 paid holidays, unlimited PTO, flexible work arrangements, support for working parents, and a focus on work/life balance. Our benefits package to support employees and their family's wellbeing includes medical, dental, vision insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts- with! employer contribution, as well as company paid long-term care insurance, Life/AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and legal support. There are several additional and supplemental benefits including but not limited to cancer, hospital, and accident insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and paid family and medical leave.
CableLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 303-661-3307.