The position is responsible for the loading, driving, unloading, and delivery of Mountain View Co-op (MVC) energy products including Gasoline/Diesel Fuel and Propane). The Driver must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, honesty, and helpfulness. The Driver must embrace and exhibit MVC’s philosophy and culture of customer service.
Reports to the Energy Location Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain a positive customer service experience.
- Establish and maintain a positive experience for MVC customers, clients, and vendors, through professional interpersonal interactions.
- Report for duty in a fit condition, complying with the location dress code and acceptable personal hygiene.
- Handle any customer complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide feedback to Managers.
- Maintain established methods of communications as prescribed by management.
- Drive various MVC equipment including commercial vehicles.
- Inform all customers of any safe product handling procedures.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance.
- Notify manager when equipment malfunctions.
- Conduct pre/post operation vehicle inspections for defects and safe operating conditions.
- Submit daily written report on the condition of vehicle at the end of each trip.
- Check shipping papers to determine the account/type/reason of the load and certify for accuracy.
- Drive to and from locations.
- Utilize proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in any facility and equipment maintenance when applicable.
- Operate GPS system and read maps.
- Comply with MVC policies/procedures and DOT regulations.
- Practice and encourage workplace safety and hold self and others accountable to uphold workplace safety standards.
- Comply with Sales and Delivery protocols.
- Maintain established delivery routes and make recommendations for efficiency.
- Report all accidents and incidents including but not limited to those involving driver, equipment, and property damage.
- Promptly report any delays, events, or irregularities.
- Avoid damage to customer buildings and property, using extreme caution when driving onto any property.
- Participate in cross-training in order to deliver both refined fuels and propane.
- Work with other MVC divisions including Agronomy, Grain, and Retail.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Customer service
- Phone etiquette
- Basic math
- MVC products and purposes
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Bulk Fuel Truck operation
- Propane Bobtail operation
- DOT Regulations
- Safety rules, procedures, and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with management, co-workers, and the general public.
- Embrace and exhibit the customer service culture of MVC.
- Maintain an excellent driving record.
- Report to work on-time and as scheduled.
- Communicate effectively with others in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Operate a personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications appropriate to the assigned duties.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Operate a smart phone.
- Drive within the State of Montana in all weather conditions.
- Work the hours required of the position to include evenings, weekends and on-call situations.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years Class A driving experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Cenex Premium Diesel Training – RF
- CETP Certified for the three basic modules:
- Basic Practices and Principles
- Propane Bobtail Delivery
- Propane Plant Operations
If not certified, must be willing and able to obtain certification.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License issued by the State of Montana
- Hazmat/Tanker/Air Brakes/Combination vehicle endorsements
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that are required by the employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Clarity of vision to include; near and far vision, ability to focus while operating computers and viewing monitors, and ability to read printed materials.
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate smart phone, electronic log, and operate equipment.
- Personal mobility that permits the employee to enter, operate, and exit motor vehicles.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to drag a hose.
- Ability to walk, stand, and reach for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to drive and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, and climb.
- Ability to navigate uneven terrain.
- Work is generally performed in an outdoor environment.
- Travel is required in all weather conditions.
- Various noise levels are present in the work environment, from low to moderately loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive, all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & REASONABLE ACCOMODATION
MVC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected category including; race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
MVC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in its employment, services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at 406-453-5900.