Full-time, Temporary (October 2020 – April 2022)
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill positions in Division Management & Systems Coordination that will provide key support for the Bureau's work of tracking and investigating COVID-19 in New York City. Here, their primary responsibility is troubleshooting and resolving errors, and throughout their work they must log details and provide customers with updates. When not fixing issues, they assist other bureaus\groups by contributing to product development (deployments\upgrades\etc...) and improving internal processes (IT). We are seeking to fill a Project Support Engineer\Manager position in the Division of Information Technology’s Bureau of IT Strategy and Project Management to work closely with Division Management & Systems Coordination. This position will provide key support for the Bureau’s work of tracking and investigating COVID-19 in New York City. It is expected that this position will work 35 hours per week.
- Analyze and resolve customer concerns and problems, diagnose the root cause, and document interactions.
- Provide troubleshooting, technical, and hardware advice and suggestions.
- Support remote and local upgrades, installations, and maintenance.
- Deploy software technology solutions to ensure technical software support.
- Initiate development of new products and projects.
- Install, support and configure solutions for end users.
- Initiate and implement product enhancement procedures and standards.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and IT.
- Implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures, and information security.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Gather and document business requirements, workflow process, data and other components
- Ensure that system implementation vendor teams follow DOHMH IT application and database development guidelines
Product Support Engineer\Manager Job Skills
- Problem-solving skills - Excel at resolving problems encountered by users, whether these require only quick fixes or major collaborative efforts across various departments
- Technical expertise - Ability to acquire a deep understanding of the product they handle as well as the processes behind it
- Customer service - Communicate well with customers, paying attention to their concerns and providing clear, regular updates for ongoing requests
- Attention to detail - Mindful of details since their tasks include creating extensive documentation, tracking errors, and making changes to products
- Multitasking - Can balance technical issues from multiple customers at the same time, along with other responsibilities such as writing reports and participating in development