New Castle Building Products (NCBP) is a family owned and operated distributor of building supplies based in White Plains, New York, serving the Northeastern United States with twenty plus convenient locations in six states. With a history dating back to 1910, New Castle has evolved from a small sheet metal distributor, to a full service distributor of building materials specializing in commercial and residential roofing.
Our location based in East Berlin is seeking a full time Boom Operator.
MAIN JOB TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
- Operate boom to lift and move building materials from ground storage areas and trucks to top of building
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices, making repairs as necessary
- Operate forklift in a safe manner with proper safety equipment
- Frequent lifting and moving of material up to 80 pounds
- Ability to function in a dynamic warehouse environment including order fulfillment
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills for positive relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Observes and understands all safety practices and procedures
- Attend safety meetings as required