AM Communications has immediate openings for Ground Hands and Crew Leads for all fiber build. This is a great opportunity to learn a skilled trade in the growing, fast-paced Fiber industry! We are seeking highly motivated individuals that are looking for a career not just a job. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 months experience in Cable, Phone, Fiber, Utility, or a related field. OSP and ISP experience are a plus. Some travel is required. Candidates must be comfortable with heights, able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and lift 80 lbs. repeatedly.
The position offers:
- Paid on-the-job training
- Advancement opportunities
- Company vehicle
- Uniforms, safety gear, and specialty tools
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
The Aerial Construction Technician will be responsible for the construction of fiber optic cables. The Aerial Construction Technician must be able to deliver superior quality and strong customer service on every job they touch. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform construction of fiber optics.
- Maintain minimum benchmarks on client and company performance metrics.
- Help with field training of new employees who are going through the company training program.
- Carry out all work performed in the safest possible manner; following all internal safety guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain all assigned assets such as test meter, safety equipment, ladders and etc.
- Manage, track and organize client equipment and small parts. Must be able to account for the usage of all equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle. Ensure all routine maintenance is completed timely and any problems with vehicle are immediately reported to local management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.