Carpet Tech is hiring an experienced HR Generalist. Carpet Tech is a family-owned and operated regional floorcare and restoration company with a loyal customer base, a commitment to serving people well, and an excellent community reputation. We operate in an aggressive growth mode while never sacrificing quality. Our employees are the heart of Carpet Tech, if you enjoy employee engagement, building positive employer-employee relationships, and serving our organization, then this position is right for you. We are a family-oriented company who support one another across departments and locations.
The HR Generalist plays a vital role, responsible for supporting multiple aspects of human resources across the organization. This position involves working closely with employees, managers, and the HR team to ensure effective HR processes, compliance, and a positive work environment. The human resources generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, and will help with important functions such as staffing, training, and employee engagement.
- Promote employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, creativity, teamwork, and high performance.
- Recruitment and Onboarding: Assist in hiring processes, conduct interviews, and facilitate new employee onboarding.
- Ensure the Code of Conduct requiring professional behavior always is accurate & up to date.
- Ensure employees safety, wellness, welfare, health, and happiness.
- Oversee and maintain employee uniform processes.
- Employee Recognition: birthdays, anniversaries, and life events
- Performance Management: Support goal setting, performance reviews, and related discussions.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs, coordinate programs, and aid in individual development plans.
- Compliance: Stay updated on labor laws, maintain records, and ensure legal adherence.
- HR Reporting: Compile data, generate reports, and analyze key HR metrics.
- Employee Engagement: Creates an inspiring and motivating work environment to help with talent retention.
- Policy and Procedure: Assist in policy communication and implementation.
- HR Projects: Participate in projects like process improvements and diversity initiatives.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and contribute to policy development.
- Coordinate company-wide training and coordination of travel.