As a Mental Health Therapist, you will provide individual, family, and group therapy to clients through a variety of therapeutic modalities in order to alleviate behavioral and/or substance use problems. Ongoing assessment will aid the therapist in recommending services and activities designed to support families, alleviate the consequences of abuse, neglect, or family violence, and deter out-of-home placement, and penetration into the Juvenile Justice System. This position may be part-time or full-time.
A day in the life of a Mental Health Therapist can look like:
- Determining the clients need for treatment and additional assessment, and making appropriate referrals for other services and supports.
- Establishing an individualized and client-centered treatment plan to guide the therapeutic work with the client/family.
- Providing therapeutic treatment in individual, group, and family sessions while maintaining accurate, up-to-date clinical documentation.
- Meeting agency established expectations for an average of client services per week/month.
- Advocating for and securing other services and resources as needed for clients to address identified problem areas.
- Providing crisis intervention for clients and families in emergency situations.
- Submitting court testimony when appropriate or required.
- Providing training to other departments or within the community as needed.
- Sharing an on-call rotation periodically to support the outpatient clinic after hours and on weekends.
- Maintaining licensure to practice in the state of Iowa.
What we offer
- Fun team environment
- Mission-driven work
- Wellness program offerings
- Discounts on pet insurance
- Flexible shift and hours
- Training and development opportunities
- Development of employment skills that you can take with you anywhere: teamwork, problem-solving, adaptability, communication, leadership, creativity
We are YSS
Since we first opened our doors in 1976, YSS has remained committed to positively impacting the lives of children, youth, and families, giving what many have never experiencedopportunity and hope for a brighter future. Thanks to our donors, volunteers, staff, and leadership, we continue to help youth stand strong. Every day.