As an Outpatient Addictions Counselor, you will address the needs of outpatient substance abuse clients who need assessment for chemical dependency and/or extended treatment for these and related issues while providing an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. You will be the primary counselor providing assessments as well as individual and group counseling for the youth.
A day in the life of an Outpatient Addictions Counselor can look like:
- Leading groups and providing opportunities for group and individual feedback on the program and discuss problems and accomplishments.
- Respecting the client's rights to make their own decisions and to deal with the consequences and reactions to those decisions.
- Taking an active role in the development of each client's treatment plan and implements the treatment plan.
- Providing crisis intervention for clients.
- Conducting Substance Abuse Awareness Groups.
What we offer:
- A fun team environment
- Mission-driven work
- Wellness program offerings
- Discounts on pet insurance
- Flexible shift and hours
- Training and development opportunities
- Development of employment skills that you can take with you anywhere: teamwork, problem-solving, adaptability, communication, leadership, creativity
Full-Time Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Supplemental accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Birthday as a paid day off
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Years of service recognition
- YSS is a qualified employer under the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
We are YSS:
Since we first opened our doors in 1976, YSS has remained committed to positively impacting the lives of children, youth, and families, giving what many have never experiencedopportunity and hope for a brighter future. Thanks to our donors, volunteers, staff, and leadership, we continue to help youth stand strong. Every day.