RIESTER is seeking a Business Development Specialist who can assist with the implementation, tracking and measurement of business development actions. The right person is a skilled writer with experience in RFP/RFI writing, or related technical writing like grants, as well as an eager researcher. They will apply excellent communications skills to engage the internal network of executives to present and evaluate opportunities. The right candidate will also have the ability to multitask while staying focused on the end goal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a prospecting framework and actions on it daily, including identifying relevant contacts and strategizing on customized methods of outreach.
- Reports to executive leadership and collaborates on vetting client prospects.
- Leads the production of request for proposal and request for information responses: writes the cohesive draft, integrates existing sources, and customizes tone/lexicon.
- Manages consistent outreach to prospective clients via regularly scheduled e-blasts and custom communications.
- Implements, tracks and measures new business development actions and related CRM.
- Proactively researches priority industries and companies to uncover contract opportunities.
- Proactively mines relevant databases, newsletters and all relevant media to uncover contract opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal teams to proactively integrate relevant industry lexicon into proactive communications plans intended for prospecting.
- Proactively identifies and conducts due diligence on relevant external communications opportunities like conferences and tradeshows.
- Identifies emerging contracting trends like new specialties for evaluation and consideration.