Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, we recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming and anti-racist organization where students, dancers, musicians, production crew, staff, trustees and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. Join us, and youll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Houston Ballet offers exciting internship opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students throughout the year on an ongoing basis. The Development Intern position provides general office support to the Development Department, and every effort is made to assist the intern in building strong office and fundraising skills. This internship is paid and has flexible hours.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- An organized and enthusiastic person studying any major related to the internship of the applicants interest.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently.
- Graphic design experience preferred but not required.
- Assist in the creation of a digital archive through gathering, organizing, and uploading assets into digital files on local server
- Research and design object files and filing of relevant documents to archive the history of Houston philanthropists
- Support stewardship, special events teams, and Development Coordinator during event seasons.
- Organization and filing of digital and hard copy documents, as needed.
- General office assistance, upon request.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Regular Monday Friday, availability to work outside of normal business hours and on weekends
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement:
Houston Ballet Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.
Houston Ballet embraces inclusion, diversity, equity and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. Inclusion, diversity, equity and access are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We address the challenges of our future in a culture that honors what is unique in all of us. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Houston Ballets shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are all in and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballets mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.